Passion is defined as…
1. Any powerful or compelling emotion or feeling, as love or hate.
2. Strong amorous feeling or desire; love; ardor.
3. An instance or experience of strong love or sexual desire.
Passion finds us in all areas of our lives. If you really think about it, passion is usually a motive behind most things that you do in your life. Okay, maybe not taking out the trash or cleaning your apartment, but anything you choose to do is usually something you are passionate about.
When describing my strengths and weaknesses, I always find myself thinking of the word “passionate.” In my life it plays a very important role, being that it is probably one of my greatest strengths and weaknesses. Now, let me explain. Everything that I do in my life is because I am passionate about it.
- Career–The 2 internships that I have had, creative consultants, event planning for the sorority, event planning for ADPR event in the fall or putting my best foot forward in my classes in order to learn what I need for the future. I love PR, and I am a very hard worker. Some may define me as a “workaholic” constantly checking emails or just doing “one more thing” for my career. It is just how I am, I immerse myself in my work and love doing it!
- Love– Probably tied with career for number one, if not edging out number one for most passionate. I love a good romance. When you see passion between two people, you know that they truly care about each other. That is what I aspire to find in my love life; a passion between 2 people that can’t be broken- an “intense emotion” in all areas of the relationship.
- Friends- I care so much about my friends, and protecting them that whenever someone tries to hurt them, or is hurting them, whether it be a guy or girl, I can sometimes get too, I guess you can say “pushy & rude.” You must know it is only because I care so much.
- Animals- I adore my dogs. They are like children to me, especially my own little puppy Hope. She lights up my life and I would do anything for her. Same with any animal really. It kills me to know how many dogs are without homes. I am an absolute animal lover!
- Life- In general, I like to funnel my positive energy to everything I do in my life. Passion ignites a fire in all of us, and I have found when others are passionate about something it makes me want to share their passion too.
This brings us back to how it can be a strength and a weakness in my life. It is a great strength because you know that I will put my best foot forward and always give you 110% because I am doing something that I care so much about. I do not do things that do not provide me great joy in my life. I would not be interested in the career that I am if that was the case. I love to write, I love the media, I Love meeting new people and networking. Planning events brings me a sense of accomplishment. All the organization and time spent planning every detail and then watching it come together so beautifully. This is why I think that wedding planning would be a perfect career for me… I love romance and seeing the joy on others faces on their special day. It makes me happy to see people in love, and I would love to be a key part to anyone’s “most perfect day.”
Now, for it being a weakness… I have learned that sometimes I can be “too passionate.” This is where I just can’t let things go, and if I have such strong feelings behind my ideas for something that get totally shot down, sometimes it is hard for me to accept it and move on. Sometimes it causes me great frustration when others are not as passionate as I am about a certain issue or idea. Other times, I just love and care about something or someone so much that it hurts me in the end. I get “too attached” to the idea of something that I, again, find it hard to let go. I am a woman of reason and answers and if you do not share my passion, I just have a need to know why. I am very accepting of others opinions, but I just don’t like …‘s.
I think passion is a part of life. It goes along with the saying “If you don’t stand for something, you’ll fall for anything.” Think about it. What are you passionate about? What makes you tick? What do you love to do? what DRIVES you? You will find that all of your answers will incorporate something that you are passionate about.
Passion rebuilds the world for the youth. It makes all things alive and significant.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson